Planning & Business Development
To set a business direction and plan how
to get there
How's it done?
Through meetings with key personnel
to complete the following:
- Situation Analysis - customers, competitors, and internal strengths and weaknesses
- Vision - of your position within the future marketplace
- Objectives - what needs to be done to get there
- Plan - for the best use of resources to achieve the objectives
Why it's important?
The rapid pace of change in today's marketplace makes it critical to regularly review and revise the original
plan. The "un-planned" organization can waste its resources reacting to competitor's threats and customer requirements instead of following a structured approach that optimizes its capabilities.
Why I can help?
While this can be done exclusively by your management in house, there can be a bias against any process that may lead to personal and professional uncertainty. Commonpitfalls to the exercise include:
- Bias against change and towards preservation of the status
- Domination of the process by personalities instead of substantive
- Perception of personal attack instead of objective review of
organizational and competitive weaknesses
- Self-denial and an unwillingness to effect change in an environment
I can keep the process moving on a reasonable timetable, ensure that the most meaningful inputs are captured, and help collaborate a conclusion.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.