You need a General Manager to head a business unit, division, or start-up, but have been unable to recruit a qualified candidate in a timely manner.
When you need someone to...
- keep a business going while you try to recruit a quality full-time employee
- help start-up a new division, for which the future is highly uncertain
- manage a high-risk division with limited prospects and help with a turnaround or soft landing
What kinds of positions?
Best fit positions are those that have a reasonable fit with my background, and where the exercise can be scheduled for a realistic duration -- at which time a suitable full-time resource is hired or the requirement eliminated.
Why it's important?
Maintaining long-term open positions through the use of existing staff to shore up a leaderless organization is an ineffective approach. Conversely, hiring a mediocre full-time replacement would even be worse.
As an independent resource, I can add a broad and unbiased perspective to your situation. I can approach the challenge without the fear of career damage and am motivated by the personal challenge.
In addition, I can help you:
- Plan for the future of the division
- Keep the day-to-day operation going
- Maintain employee morale and reduce unnecessary turnover
- Recruit a full-time replacement
Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves